View Single Post
Old March 5, 2014, 07:44 PM   #27
fastbolt

Ah, and here I thought that the collaboration of Murphy & Sapir still had some lingering fans from the early days.

I bought the first copy of the first book in '71, and collected them as they were released into the early 80's. I sold off all the original first printings for a tidy enough sum at a used bookstore, but it was nothing like they paid me for the first printings of the Gor series. The appraiser going through the boxes of books I'd brought actually lunged and grabbed for a phone when the Gor paperbacks were revealed, telling someone at another store (out-of-state) that they'd finally found some. When I asked why they weren't buying them to sell in that well known (locally) used book store, the person sheepishly said that their store didn't normally handle the high end customers willing to pay that much for some out-of-print/original paperbacks.

Guess I ought not to have got rid of my original 60's vintage Doc Savage paperbacks with the Bama cover art, either.

But the KISS album was your inspiration?? Uh, ok ...

At least your choice of Mopar Scat-Pack cars is interesting and nostalgic. My dad worked for Dodge in those days. I grew up driving them.

Page generated in 0.03380 seconds with 8 queries