View Single Post
Old December 25, 2019, 08:26 AM   #19
American Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
American Man, your premise is an interesting one but not easily answered.

What ifs and what to carry when the ifs turn to crap?

Again no easy answers but when the crap hits the fan I hope I'm at the minimum armed with a semi-auto rifle with a chest rig fully equipped with appropriate magazines and a whole bunch of them!

On the other hand, I'll probably be having to make due with only with my lcrx loaded up with four rounds of .38+hollow points and a snake round!

Ok, so the bastards will smoke me, but I ain't going out alone! Ha!
The lady in this story was probably more armed than most people that visit a remote cabin. I RV quite a bit and meet people... many in remote areas (dispersed camping) and I am always surprised at how many RVers are unarmed. Anything is better than nothing and anyone who has been RVing for a year knows there is a lot of things that can happen.. won't get into that right now.

I have to think there is more involved with this lady that can't be proven or released just yet. Her actions remind me of the two kids in the midwest who were riding around in single digit cold temps while smoking meth. I think it was 60 Minutes or some show that did a special on it where the kids called 911 about being lost and their car being broke down.

They are on the phone talking to 911 multiple times while LE is trying to figure out where they are and providing the operator with bizarre stories. They claimed to see people and that they would not talk to them when they were asking for help, which turned out to be cows afterward. They made their way to a house with a light and said the people inside would not help them, then they eventually separated and were both found dead.

LE found their car still running with the heat on. I might have messed up the story a little but it sounds similar to this lady's story, but without knowing the deal, it is probably worth analyzing, if anything to combat complacency in ourselves or friends we know.

Going to a remote cabin to me is definitely riskier than planning a trip and staying at a hotel for a couple days. Even a small hotel where the staff bed down for the night could assist or get 911 to respond rather than be left all on your own to deal with whatever occurs. I usually ask/annoy my friends with a few more questions based on their plans.

I have no idea if drugs were involved and I think the parents of those kids who froze to death didn't know either.

found a link to the kids story, just throwing it in here https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Primet...=549455&page=1

Last edited by American Man; December 25, 2019 at 08:31 AM.

Page generated in 0.03192 seconds with 8 queries