View Single Post
Old July 29, 2011, 01:14 PM   #17
Artie

I only carry my LCP unloaded, and I've detailed the numerous reasons why I choose to do so in another thread. I'm not going to rehash all that, but for pocket carry of a gun as small as the LCP, there are some merits to doing so if you can get past the chest thumping and hypothetical worst case scenarios.

It is absolutely possible to draw and chamber a gun as small as the LCP in a fraction of a second if you are good with it and practice doing so. You could never get away with it on a larger gun, but you can on the LCP. I know I can, but if you feel you can't then don't try it. You are more likely to lose time fumbling with the holster or loose clothing then you are chambering an LCP, but that seems to be acceptable for some reason.

I don't understand the logic that a gun without one in the pipe isn't really a gun. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and practically ever law enforcement agency and court in the country will agree with me. The most important aspect to carrying a loaded firearm is to be safe and to be proficient. Lots of people feel they are invincible because they carry a loaded gun, when the fact is that they are neither safe or capable, and that is even more dangerous than carrying an un-chambered gun IMO. Whatever works best for you is the best solution, not what others on the internet feel you should do.

Page generated in 0.03243 seconds with 8 queries