View Single Post
Old April 8, 2019, 11:17 AM   #31
stagpanther

Depending on how fine your reticle is--in a ffp scope it will scale up proportionately (hopefully) but this also means the lines will get thicker as the magnification goes up--some people prefer sfp on higher power scopes for that reason. By the same token, ffp scopes that have "super fine" reticles (I've heard that "charge" leveled at vortex scopes before, though I personally feel they are a good value for what you get, though I don't have one myself) can make the reticle hard to see in lower light/lower magnifications. Since you're not anticipating shooting beyond 200 yds--I would instead invest your money in getting a low to moderate magnification scope with wide field of view and excellent glass and light transmission characteristics; most of your common rifle cartridges will be within or close to point blank ranging so the need for something like a ffp scope is almost irrelevant. Just my opinions

Last edited by stagpanther; April 8, 2019 at 11:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.02817 seconds with 8 queries