View Single Post
Old September 26, 2000, 01:02 PM   #7
dragontooth73

i just happened to read this thread by chance ... hmm LASur5er it sounds definitely like a company outing *duh*

my read? well i'm missing out on some of the body language but ...

(1) the boss definitely brought his retinue along ... the probably set the whole excursion up as a way for him to show off his macho alpha dog theatrics.

(2) the chic is definitely his daughter (remarriage is traditionally frowned on in japan and very uncommon) ... notice she is in the background (subservient role) ... older wives would never goto a shooting range (too barbaric?)

(3) the young man is either a relative such as a nephew, or a protege of the boss groomed for something.

(4) the low moaning you heard, LASur5er, probably sounds like "ohhhh (my gawd)" ... which is the same as "ooooo (nice shot") ... try golfing with a whole bunch of japanese, when they make sounds like they've flubbed a shot it actually is a compliment (but most corporate japanese suck at golf so they DID flub the shot, but that's something else).

(5) the young guy helping out the girl means probably that he's a protege and maybe slated as a potential marriage candidate.

that's my read on it ... speaking of range theatrics there was a case where a girl last year in japan carried home a box of .223 rounds ... which in japan is a strict no-no at the range coz private home possession of firearms and ammos is illegal ... so to ditch them she threw them out in the trash can outside her home ... when the garbage truck started to compact the bags the rounds went off inside ... garbage men had a fright ... nasty incident ... needless to say her shooting license was revoked.

in japan, there's a saying ... "stupidity is an incurable condition" ...

[This message has been edited by dragontooth73 (edited September 26, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02982 seconds with 8 queries