View Single Post
Old August 22, 2010, 03:51 PM   #8
Dwight55

If, . . . and that is a big IF, . . . it is not illegal in your state, I would first opt for a can of bear spray, . . . I understand it can be found in a foam type application. If it'll turn a bear, . . . I would certainly think it would turn a human, no matter how agitated or whatever.

Second option would be a Charter Arms (or similar) double action 44 special revolver. It is like a Kodak Camera, . . . point and shoot, . . . no safety, . . . totally un-complicated, . . . in a holster held in place under the desk by a magnet.

If bear spray won't put down the attacker, . . . a 44 special will, . . . for good. It is also not an overly powerful round, . . . not heavy on recoil, . . . and overpenetration should not be an issue. Go to a local range and try one on for size.

In your situation, my last choice would be a 9 shot, .22 revolver filled with hollow points, with a 3 inch barrel (sawn down by a gun smith if you can't find one from the factory). Choice of gun will be determined by your ability to handle recoil and follow up shots.

Remember, if you use a firearm to protect yourself, . . . it is not to scare or threaten, . . . it is to physically incapacitate your attacker by serious pain and bleeding. Get one you can use, . . . will use, . . . and will practice with until you are seriously proficient.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03346 seconds with 8 queries