View Single Post
Old March 23, 2017, 10:27 AM   #19
bamaranger

5mm

Well, well, another 5mm shooter! Hello Hunter Customs, I've got one of those too. MOst curious as to why you prefer the vintage ammo?????

I've not shot enough critters with the new (and then discontiuned?) Centurion ammo, but the initial offering with the blunter, exposed lead HP configuration is really accurate from my old rifle, say 1 MOA at 100 yds. The sleeker, "Varmint" fully jacketed HP shoots more into 1.5-1.75, but I believe is a bit faster and flatter, I was surprised when shooting it a 200 how close the POI was to my POA.

The old 5mm never got a fair shake........had it been more fully supported by the industry, we might never have seem the .17 HMR. But while the industry jumped on the .17 bandwagon and everybody made firearms for the cartridge, nobody produced a 5mm rifle except Remington, ......seems like I've read T/C made some barrels for their switch barrel pistol.

I believe the 5mm Mag was the best high performance rimfire, faster and flatter than a .22 WSM, and more bullet weight than the diminutive .17's.

Page generated in 0.02459 seconds with 8 queries