Thread: First .22
View Single Post
Old July 29, 2010, 02:07 AM   #28
LukeA

Quote:
I have been lurking around this forum for a while, but this one got me to sign up. Yes, I know he already bought his rifle, and I personally think he made and excellent choice. I love both of my Ruger 10/22s. But I can't believe the Remington 597 wasn't one of his options. They are really excellent guns and great value. I would take it over a Marlin 795 every day and twice on Sunday, especially since they are about the same price. I have had bb guns that were better quality than that Marlin. They feel so cheap in you hands. The magizine is horrible and looks like an after thought. The sights are cheap junk. There is a big difference between inexpense and cheap. The Remington is a quality piece, while the Marlin is not.
The words of somebody who's never shot a 795

Sure it feels cheap, but you start to forget about that when you realize that it cost less than many BB guns (with the current rebate it's $105 at Dick's) and that you can hit clothespins at 50yd with it with little difficulty, using the 400rd .22LR box as a front rest, with a bone-stock rifle.

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries