View Single Post
Old November 11, 2000, 02:45 PM   #10
ctdonath

1. It's up to the individual, and such questions degenerate because reasonable people come to different reasonable yet irreconcileable conclusions.
Review what you have, who you are obligated to care for (i.e.: clear dependents), and how long the crisis will likely last. During the Y2K hype, I generally began with a generous heart, and quickly became irritated and cynical when a dozen separate friends commented that if there was a crisis, they'd "just go to Carl's house - he's ready" and drag their dependents with them; as a single person preparing to support only myself and maybe one other, it was distressing to consider that if TSHTF I could have two dozen people already planning to mooch off me, not to mention neighbors and stray desparate strangers.
Provide what you can without endangering your dependents. Stock up some extra stuff just as handouts. And recognize that you have limits.

2. If the orders are legal and moral, follow them. Think this stuff throught before signing up for it.

Page generated in 0.02157 seconds with 8 queries