Thread: Quick question
View Single Post
Old September 14, 2021, 11:57 PM   #13
Txgunman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
Firearms made and registered on a Form 1 rely on the maker to accurately describe what NFA firearm they are making. If you file a Form 1 as an AOW, but that firearm is in fact not an AOW as defined in federal law, you have a problem. If what you built is actually an SBR and you possess a a Form 1 for an AOW........thats a serious problem.

If that firearm is later transferred via a Form 4, ATF will approve the Form based on what the original Form 1 stated. Thats because ATF doesn't see the actual firearm, relying on the original maker to know what the heck they are doing.

If I were the OP there is no way in heck I would keep that firearm in its current configuration.
ok, so what do I do? Do I take the form down to my local BATF office and say "hey can you look at this for me? Is this legit?" Should I disassemble the whole weapon down to the stripped receiver til I find out? or can I just take the collapsible stock off and replace it with a pistol brace til I can find out? Really stuck here, went through the whole process when I got this. Can't remember exactly how long I waited but wanna say it was a couple of months before I got to pick it up. Also, just changed addresses within my state. Should I send the change of address before I go talk to them?

Last edited by Txgunman; September 15, 2021 at 12:02 AM.

Page generated in 0.03211 seconds with 8 queries