View Single Post
Old November 10, 2014, 03:35 AM   #6
idek

I put a Skinner rear sight on my 1894c as well. I got the "winged" style, because it is slightly lower (could still use the original front sight with it) and I thought the wings might keep the peep from getting bumped or snagged.

Truth be told, I never warmed up to it. I even tried a couple different aperture sizes and different front sights, but it just didn't seem to agree with my eyes. I've got a Tech-Sight peep on my Ruger 10/22, and have a Williams receiver peep sight on a single shot rifle, and I like both of them better than the Skinner receiver sight for whatever reason.

Having said that, I ultimately put an ultra-light Leupold 2.5x20 scope on the Marlin, but still wanted decent barrel-mounted sights for times I wanted to remove the scope. I got Skinner's barrel mounted aperture, and I like that really well. I know that having the rear sight closer to your eye should be better, but the barrel-mounted aperture just seems better for my vision.

I have also noticed that, although blued, my Skinner sight (both the receiver and barrel type) will develop rust pretty quickly.

Last edited by idek; November 10, 2014 at 03:44 AM.

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries