View Single Post
Old January 20, 2010, 09:56 PM   #56
grubbylabs

I have never been shot at but I have been in a few scary situations. I used to work for a private ambulance company is southern california. The first incident was a stabbing, a guy came home for lunch and for what ever reason started stabbing his girl friend. We are supposed to wait till the police clear scenes like that but for what ever reason I followed the county medic unite right on scene before the police could clear the scene. We were outside getting our ambulance ready when we heard gun shots. The officer inside trying to disarm the guy wound up having to shoot him, but we had no idea that's what was going on and we were pretty scared for a minute. The county guys have vests issued to them and were going for them. My partner and I did not have any thing so we just got behind our ambulance. We were not really in any danger but it was a little more than exciting for a minute.

The second was is a small upper class neighborhood. A guy took a jewelers wife hostage and was holding her for ransom. unknown the the Orange County swat the guy left the house and the wife wanted to come out. So they thought it would be a great idea to send us up the street to meet the wife and two officers. The scary part was we were between the house and a bunch of Swat officers who were pointing their assault rifles at the house. If there had been problems we would have been right between the problem.

I think a little more about what I am about to do before I go on scene these days.

Page generated in 0.02330 seconds with 8 queries