Thread: 9mm revolvers ?
View Single Post
Old March 25, 2019, 07:39 PM   #20
Cosmodragoon

While I haven't owned an LCR 9mm, I have used and carried the LCR in other calibers. It's a great little revolver. It effectively retired me from J-frames. I generally don't like using auto calibers in revolvers but if I was going to go this route, it would be with an LCR 9mm.

I currently carry an LCR 327. I like .327 Federal's balance of power, recoil, and capacity on the platform. Although you drop back down to five shots, 9mm can get into the same ballpark with that short barrel. Both of those cartridges live in the gap between .38 special and .357 magnum. I think the main reason to go with 9mm is that you have a lot of 9mm, use it in other applications, and don't want to get yourself into a new caliber.

For anyone wondering why a small revolver in 9mm would make sense at all, consider pocket carry. While a bunch of compact .380 autos ride just fine in a pocket holster, that isn't always true of the necessarily larger 9mm compacts. The semi-auto forms an L-shape that can be awkward going in and out of a pocket. The form factor of a revolver like the LCR is more rounded and that really helps it ride in a pocket holster.

Page generated in 0.03520 seconds with 8 queries