View Single Post
Old February 17, 2002, 05:06 AM   #5
SteveC

Bay Area gun stores

I spoke on the phone with (I think) Jim Tabor at "Tabor's Shooting Supplies", he seemed to be reasonable and he seems to have a reputation for being straight with people. Never been to his store, so I can't say anything about his prices. He seems to get recommended when you ask for a gunsmith.

The folks down at Target Masters in Milpitas are helpful, and they have a good selection, but you won't get much of a discount on their guns. Their range is decent, but they don't allow double-taps or rapid fire (Jackson Arms does).
Reeds down in San Jose has a helpful and professional staff, but their prices reflect that.
Traders in San Leandro has a large selection, their prices not all that good, and some folks complain about their customer service.

Some of the smaller outfits like Old West Gun Room and Irvington Arms seem to have better prices, and the guys who run them seem to be fairly straight, but they don't have the smoothest customer service skills (on the other hand, honesty and good prices are good things).

Page generated in 0.02422 seconds with 8 queries