View Single Post
Old January 20, 2014, 01:22 PM   #6
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Among the things he has already advocated is mandatory firearms training in all states. He has also declined to answer several direct questions on his support for certain firearms laws. Here is a sample quote from him:

"http://www.brandontylerwebb.com/830/the-gun-problem-in-america/
Dear deity of your choice!

That reads pretty much like a manifesto from a double agent planted by the Bloomberg/Feinstein team. And it was written to press all the buttons, too.
  • I’m a gun owner and enjoy shooting with my son in a safe controlled environment. Mandatory appeal to authority: "I'm a gun owner."{Fudd/Metcalf}
  • I personally wouldn’t have taught him firearms safety at such a young age if given the option. However, America is rooted in gun ownership culture I thought it best to drive home firearms safety and the responsibility that comes with handling firearms. Because in a safe world nobody has any need to learn about firearms safety. Then we can eliminate the Eddie Eagle program, too.
  • His mother and I did decide to take away all his violent shooting video games, not a good thing for a ten year old to practice taking head shots, and this could potentially lead to mental health issues, better safe than sorry I say. It's unlikely that this could "lead" to mental health issues, but I accept that it could exacerbate existing issues. Maybe it's better to NOT know when your kid has problems, is that the message here?
  • After all it was once within our constitutional rights to own and enslave other human beings. That's debatable. It's certainly a non sequitur and race baiting.
  • I believe in the 2nd Amendment and our right to bear arms but, if we continue to do nothing on the issue (mainly a mental health one) of mass shootings then we can expect more of them in the near future. When has the NRA advocated doing "nothing"?
  • Remember that when you kiss your kids goodbye on their way to school. [i]Classic break-out-the-violins closing argument. "It's for the children!"

Thanks for the heads up. I know who not to vote for.

Page generated in 0.03633 seconds with 8 queries