View Single Post
Old July 6, 2013, 07:30 PM   #13
stubbicatt

Man. I must shop in the wrong stores or something, or maybe it is I'm just a kludge when it comes to shooting, but I can count on one hand the number of factory rifles I have owned that will shoot "sub MOA all day long"...

Aside from aesthetics, there are mechanical reasons one would choose a custom rifle. 1). He can get it chambered in whatever cartridge he wants, and doesn't have to settle for a currently produced factory rifle chambering that is at best a compromise. 2) Barrel quality is doubtless much better than most factory offerings. 3) He can choose whatever barrel length or profile appeals to him. 4) The length of pull and other critical dimensions can be made to fit the owner. 5) The action can be made to much tighter dimensions. 6) The striker/lock time is typically faster with less moving mass to disturb the aim. 7) Triggers are generally several steps above factory offerings.

In essence, while there are factory rifles which will shoot very very well, there is a warm feeling to know that one has a quality firearm, a pride in ownership sort of thing.

Last edited by stubbicatt; July 6, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 8 queries