View Single Post
Old October 2, 2012, 05:03 PM   #13
jepp2

Quote:
Also, I was curious what annealing machine you guys use and how many reloads you go before annealing?
While I would really like to have an annealing machine, there is no way I can justify the expense. I also wouldn't like to have to adjust for various cases. The process I use is covered very well here. I "previously" used the water pan method, but it lacks a positive temperature indicator and the heat isn't uniformly applied. Both are issues.

How many loads? Too many variables to pick a single number. How hot are your loads? 222 Rem or 22-250 Rem are significantly different cartridges to load for and how often you anneal. Also I now use the Lee Collet die and when I need to bump the shoulder, I use the Redding body die with minimal shoulder movement (as mentioned by another poster). Brass handled this way rarely needs to be annealed. If you are using a traditional FL sizing die with 22-250 brass loaded near maximum where the die significantly undersizes the neck, then the expander has to open it up for bullet seating - you better anneal about every 3'rd loading. If you don't, you are going to start seeing some cases with split neck before the 5'th loading.

Page generated in 0.02577 seconds with 8 queries