View Single Post
Old March 24, 2012, 04:22 PM   #40
BGutzman

I carry different weapons based on where I’m going and what I’m doing because its prudent.... After all how often do you see someone in a business suit robbing a store with a gun or knife? It does happen but not very often in comparison to something like jeans and a hoodie...

There are times and situations when I would carry my 460 Rowland but I try to avoid those places and situations like the plague.... Last time I carried it I had to take one of my sons to get a SSN card and the building he had to go to is located in what appears to be a criminal haven with dealers and prostitutes all over the place...

I simply avoided touching federal property and parked where I could observe my son and I couldnt be approached from behind anything... All went well and two hours later we were on our way home...

Normally my P220 Carry is almost always on my but as the temperature climbs and we want to do outdoor activities for long lengths of time it just becomes too hot to wear a vest or a second shirt or anything similar and IWB just doesnt work for it for my body with my P220 or 460 Rowland...

In the past I downgraded to a Bersa Thunder 380 but I recently added a Sig P290 (9mm) which will be taking its place as my secondary choice....

I also commonly down grade if my wife is going on a multi hour shopping spree as my bad knee really struggles with the added weight and miles of walking...

I get it that bad things can happen anywhere and if I find myself with a 9mm or a 380 or whatever then its going to have to do the job as is but no Im not about to start carrying my Rowland as a daily carry, its too big for any sort of comfort..

Page generated in 0.02729 seconds with 8 queries