View Single Post
Old March 5, 2010, 08:19 AM   #10
Uncle Buck

I find that baiting works pretty well. If you can get something to make a sound when you put the food out (Like they use with the automatic deer feeders), the cats will become accustomed to hearing the sound when there is food and come to it.
Then, when you get ready to hunt, just make that sound.

Quote:
Electric can opener?

Always brings my kitties running.
Dr. S, I read that three times yesterday and I could not understand what it meant. This morning I read it and all of a sudden, it was like a light came on and I started laughing. Yes, it has been awhile since I had a cat around the house.

Here is one for you: What does a 300 pound canary say? Here Kitty Kitty Kitty....

Sorry that I got sidetracked.

Daryl, I do not enjoy shooting cats either, but I consider it better than letting the things starve to death. Most of the cats around here are not feral, they are left over from college kids going home.

I could trap them, but then what? The animal shelters charge me to drop off a cat (Last time I checked, the price had increased to $35.00 per animal). They will extend the cats life one, maybe two weeks before it is put down. (We do not have a no kill facility near here.)

Page generated in 0.03557 seconds with 8 queries