View Single Post
Old August 9, 2009, 08:37 PM   #131
mykeal

I'm not sure you understood what articap wrote.

First of all, you are not competing pricewise with the mail order sales. They're only selling it for $12/lb if you order 25 or more pounds, which costs $300, the price of one gun! Your price comparison should be made on the basis of one sale; you can afford to sell 2 lbs for, let's say, $36; they sell 2 lbs for $65 or more if they'll even sell just 2 lbs at all. Surely you can compete with that.

Most of us real bp users can't afford to lay out $300 at one pop to buy powder, at least not very often. We tend to patronize stores that can sell us $20 to $40 at a time and we pick up a few other trinkets as well while we're there. Or we'll buy a can or two while we're at the store for something else because it's convenient and not $300. That's human nature; it's repeated over and over again hundreds of thousands of times a day across the country.

Yes, you don't know the demand. And if you keep letting that bother you, you never will. Fear of the unknown is natural; it's also ruined more good opportunities than anything else. One thing is for sure, however: the only people, repeat ONLY people, who ever succeeded did so because they took the risk and tried.

Frankly, I'm quite surprised that you look at something called the Academy as competition because they sell one granulation of Pyrodex. Why don't you sell both granulations plus pellets, all 4 granulations of real black in two or three brands, Triple Seven in both granulations and pellets and Shockey's as well? Become THE place for bp supplies in your area - nobody else is. One license, one magazine, one insurance policy to be the big dog on the block. Looks to me like a real opportunity.

Page generated in 0.03419 seconds with 8 queries