View Single Post
Old January 12, 2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

what do you put your handguns in ???

... I have a walk in Vault that will be finished one of these years

... but until then, I had been collecting too many hand guns to put them in a "normal" rifle type gun locker... I had been looking at those smaller handgun boxes that fit on top of a regular 8 gun gun locker ( I have alot of these... that I can't wait to get rid of, once the vault is finally done )... but after looking at the thin metal, cost & practicality... I just bought one of those lockable boxes that sit on the side of a pick up truck box instead... mine is 48" long, 12" deep, & 16" high, is white, & has dual polished stainless locking paddle handles, & is built from steel, twice as thick a steel as the smaller pistol lockers...

I really like the white color, & the flip down door, which acts as a shelf when down... mine is mounted on the wall now, & the 4' shop light just over & slightly in front of it, fully lights up the interiour of the box... price wise, the box was similarly or slightly less priced than equal volume pistol lockers... I've been buying the 4 gun plastic coated wire gun racks that Midway sells, & the combination seems to work well... I'm having a steel shelf bent up at my local fabricator to mount about 3/4 off the bottom, to put holsters & some of my Contenders on sideways... it'll have the bent edges facing up to hold a piece of some "egg cartron cut" foam... I'll have to paint the shelf white, but it should work very well...

I'm thinking of buying 2nd one for putting powders in & mounting it just below...

what do you guys use...

this is the box I just got...

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...3652_200343652

this is the racks I'm using

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=953075

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; January 12, 2009 at 12:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.03270 seconds with 8 queries