View Single Post
Old June 4, 2008, 12:49 PM   #5
ginshun

Copper fouling in the barrel was a problem when I got the rifle. Its as clean as it can possibly be using Hoppes #9 now though. I must have run a hundred + patches through it lately. Just using a loop thing for the patch you'd never know it, but if you get it soked with Hoppes, let it sit for a bit and run a brass jeg through and you'd get the telltail blue-green streaks. I may get some stuff specifically designed for copper fouling and see if I can get any remaining out though.

I will try to get the forarm adjusted as you guys mentioned too. That is great advise, I was not aware that could be done. I know that right now it is tight to the barrel.

I doubt I will go as far as recrowning the barrel. That money would be better spent on other things. The rifle is a hunting rifle and I am not going to do a ton of target shooting with it once I get it as good as I think I can. Its good enough for hunting right now, and I have other rifles that I can use for long distance work. I just want to get it as good as possible, without spending hundreds of dollars to get it to 1MOA groups vs 2MOA groups. Its not worth it for a rifle that the majority of the shots are going to be offhand throught the woods.

Page generated in 0.02949 seconds with 8 queries