View Single Post
Old August 4, 2008, 05:50 PM   #129
David Armstrong

Quote:
The only reason I've even challenged the LE posts is that such flat-earth statements need to be challenged for enlightenment of both sides.
But it is not a flat earth statement. It is a taken out of context statement that myself and several others have pointed out needs to be ocnsaidered in the context as originally presented. And it should go without saying that "prepare to be shot" does not automatically mean "I will shoot you". If you choose a path of action thta increases the peril rather than decreases it, one cannot blame the officer. He has told you exactlyhow to do something to reduce the danger to you and everyone else. Should you choose not to do so, the fault lies with you (generic you,not specific you).
Quote:
Is there some mental block against issuing a new command for him to "Stop!"? Or to yell "Don't Move"?
And what if he doesn't obey those commands? Some of y'all seem to think this is a Chinese restaurant, where you get to pick and choose. "I will obey 2 commands from Column B, but no commands from column A please". As Glenn has mentioned, we find that giving additional commands tends to put you at a disadvantage.
Quote:
Since Dave has also precluded commuicating with the arriving officers to tell them anything, there is no point in claiming to be the victim or claiming the downed man is the attacker. Or even "I will disarm and put the gun down."
You can communicate all you want to with the arriving officers---AFTER you have ceased being a threat to them and others. Until that time, there is no need for much conversation.

Page generated in 0.02715 seconds with 8 queries