View Single Post
Old July 9, 2013, 06:49 PM   #51
Joe_Pike

Well, the Kool-Aid has been consumed.

I made the normal gun shop rounds today just to look a little and BS a little with the shop folks. One of the shops had a 19 for $499 while the others were 10%+ higher. I waited for quite a while for someone to get loose so I could handle the one for $499 but they were very busy, so, I left to do some more running around.

For some reason I decided to drop back by later in the afternoon and again they were very busy. One of the guys that I used to buy from all of the time was on the floor helping another customer, so, I decided to wait for him since he's not out on the floor as often anymore due to other responsibilities and I wanted to say hello.

I asked him to show me the 19 and he told me that he had two of them personally and liked them a lot. He also said that if I was interested in a 19 that he had a used one in the back that got traded in about a week or so ago. He told me a gentleman about 80 years old traded it in and has probably traded 25 Glocks with them over the years. I mentioned a guys name and asked if that was him and he said it was indeed.

This older gentleman will buy a gun and take it home, break it down and clean it. Then he may or may not shoot it. After a while he will trade it in for something different. He does this a lot and with different shops.

Anyway, he brought the gun out and it looks like it is brand new. If it has been shot I sure can't tell. I ask him how much and he said $400. I couldn't say yes fast enough. Now I know for sure that if I don't like it I can easily recover the purchase price.

It looks like I have joined The Dark Side.

Page generated in 0.03869 seconds with 8 queries