View Single Post
Old April 9, 2019, 08:34 AM   #1
ndking1126

How do you level your scope?

I'm curious what part of the scope you use to level it. I'm not necessarily asking about the whole process you go through.. just what part of the scope do you place your level on? The top of the turret with the cap on? The top of the turret with cap off? How do you know that part is level with the reticle?

The reason I ask is recently I spent a lot of time trying to get a Vortex PST Gen2 5-25 leveled. Long story short, the problem was the fact that the sling stud I was attaching my bipod to was leaning to the side. When I would level everything with the rifle sitting on a led sled, it was good. Then I'd put it on a bipod at the range and the reticle was slanted.

In the process, however, I checked every possible reason I could think of on why the crosshairs weren't staying level and determined on my scope the top of the turret was not level. It was pretty close, but not exact. My basic understanding is that they are all supposed to be level so we could use that as a way to level our reticles, but maybe not?

Page generated in 0.03900 seconds with 8 queries