View Single Post
Old April 23, 2012, 08:27 PM   #1
newshooter1992

Guns allowed in apartments?

First let me explain my situation:

I am a Texas college student transferring to a new university next year (in San Marcos). I will also be living with my girlfriend and soon to be fiance along with two other roommates who have absolutely no problems with me keeping, and need be, using a firearm in the apartment. I planned on buying a home defense shotgun (too young to purchase a handgun) for the apartment I live in now but didn't have the money. I now plan on buying a home defense shotgun for the one I will live in next year.

My question is do apartment complexes allow firearms? My lease right now does not say anything regarding the issue but I plan on asking the management about it. I have also done a little bit of research on the internet and have gotten different answers. My girlfriend thinks that I cannot and fears that we will get in trouble if we are somehow caught with one.

The only protection I have at the moment is a bayonet I got when I purchased my Mosin Nagant and I am not even sure if that is allowed. I would feel safer for both me and my girlfriend with a firearm there to protect us in case the worse happens. Has anyone ever dealt with this situation?

Page generated in 0.03242 seconds with 8 queries