View Single Post
Old January 8, 2009, 05:14 PM   #5
GoldenRoyBoy

Question

I came back to ask; are you using the AUTO dispense feature? It's rather ingenious. As you remove the powder pan, loaded with charge, then replace it empty upon the platen the machine remembers your load, dispensing another load of powder.

Also, it's very important to calibrate your machine each and every time you use it. I catch myself watching the scale as I remove a loaded pan. You'll notice the machine reads a negative weight. It's the weight of your empty pan; one of mine generally reads 168.7 oz. If this reading begins reading erratic, I re-calibrate. If after replacing an empty pan upon the platen, your machine fails to go to zero almost immediately, either you have something on your pan, or platen. Or, you may need to re-calibrate. Be careful removing the platen; watching for grains of powder falling from the feed tube. I make it a habit to keep a spare ear plug handy, sticking it into the feed tube's discharge hole before removing the platen. You don't want anything getting in that hole.

GRB

Page generated in 0.02963 seconds with 8 queries