View Single Post
Old February 17, 2009, 07:10 PM   #1
wacombs

What tools do I need to be able to work at home?

I went to the local shop today to get scope mounts and found out the previous owner of my Remington 700 had glued the front sight bead into the front sight base. The guy at the shop told me he'd have to take the whole action out and do a bunch of stuff with it to get the front sight taken off.

Thankfully it was almost time to close, so I said I'd bring it back another time. I won't be going back another time. At least he took the rear sight off and didn't charge me anything for it, though. I started going to this shop because it's like 5min away from home, but they continually disappoint me and they're always pushing cheapo stuff on me, so I'm just going to find a new shop. One less customer for them!

Like my house.
I work on my own car. I work on my own bicycles. I work on my own refrigerator.... etc, etc. I'd like to start working on my own guns.

So my inquiry is simple:
What tools do I need to be able to do my own general-purpose work at home?
EDIT: (Right now I need to be able to find a way to get the front sight assembly off of the barrel. How the heck do I do that if I can't get to the screw underneath the bead?)

Page generated in 0.01976 seconds with 8 queries