View Single Post
Old May 27, 2022, 08:16 AM   #5
HiBC

Fair enough. I'm grateful for the question.(
Quote:
This post is a question, not a statement.
)

You might want to add a little statement of context to the bare link above or it will likely get zapped for being a drive by. Its a useful contribution to the discussion. The "Iowan's" post is worth reading. He seems to be a good source of tech knowledge.

I do not doubt Freedom Arms concerns. They sure made fine revolvers.

At this point,I would be very reluctant to use Lil Gun in my revolvers. For now.

The issue appears to be gas cutting. I've seen gas cutting on an AR firing pin tip from less than 10 rounds of pierced primers. I was looking with 10x magnification and it was minor,but it was there. Leaking primers can gas cut a bolt face really quick. Gas cutting is real.

It MIGHT be (I'm not sure) that this is about cylinder gap and gas bypass at the forcing cone, as the contributor to your linked forum explained.

It MIGHT be that under rifle conditions,without the gas jetting,it would not be an issue for an AR 300 Blk. I wonder about the gas port.

For now,my LilGun will stay in the jug,but I'm not ready to pour it on the lawn.

I hope Unclenick weighs in. He is a great source of knowledge and clear thinking.

Page generated in 0.02172 seconds with 8 queries