View Single Post
Old September 13, 2017, 07:19 AM   #39
Nanuk

Quote:
Citation please.
No need, I understand your ignorance on the matter as Texas has no laws to the effect, however, many states do. They are usually listed under game and fish laws. Yes they are misdemeanors, but they are still the law.

Quote:
you cannot cross state lines with an SBR without prior written permission from BATFE which specifies where you are going and for what purpose. You do not need to do that with a pistol.
Quote:
True. But getting permission is easier than getting a CHL/CCW/LTC and can cover every state and a calendar year...it's done all the time.
Carry license is not the topic here, nice deflection.
https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/form20

Keep telling yourself that it is just as easy to transport an NFA item as a pistol, it does not make it anymore truthful.

Quote:
No sir, the FACT isn't, and I've provided you the links above to show you where and why your claim of "I can carry my AR pistol pretty much every where I go without asking anyone's permission" just isn't true.
Ok, You got me. I should have said " I can carry a loaded AR pistol anywhere I can carry my Glock". Of course one must be aware of magazine capacity limits.

I see two very polarized camps, one says " Check it out AR pistol", The other feels a necessity to justify the extra expense of an SBR and say "AR pistols are just toys, no serious rifleman would such an abomination."

Other than a buttstock the SBR has no benefit over the AR pistol, learn to properly and legally run the AR pistol and any benefit rapidly disappears. At current prices I can have an AR pistol in 2 calibers for less than 1 SBR, and no 1 year wait for paperwork.

How many states do not allow citizens to own SBR's?
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Page generated in 0.03131 seconds with 8 queries