View Single Post
Old April 21, 2010, 04:41 AM   #6
Mike / Tx

Quote:
They've also had some rather low reviews, so you pay your money and you take your chances with that one.
I totally agree that you generally get what you pay for.

I have found that the name however does not always fit the bill. I always look through any optics I purchase as it will be my eye alone that decides if it has the clearness, brightness, parralax, or lack of, that will make it a good enough scope for my uses.

For years I used Leupold, and found them wonderfully fine, but when things tightened up financially, I had to choose something of less expense, and purchased a Burris, then later on a Nikon. Since I have found that quite a few of the not top end scopes work equally as well in 95% of all the situations I use them for, and in the other 5%, I highly doubt that an extra grand would produce any better results.

When I purchased a set of field glasses, I found that while I had the funds to get any one of the top of the line brands, it was the lower priced Nikon's, which were brighter, clearer, and even water proof, where the others simply didn't impress me. Yes they were the recommended can't live without brand names, but they just didn't work for me and I ended up getting two pair of the Nikons for the price of one of them with change left over.

I always recommend to look at or through any optic before a purchase. Every eye is different and will determine the end users satisfaction with any product.

Page generated in 0.02943 seconds with 8 queries