View Single Post
Old December 16, 2019, 05:00 PM   #62
TunnelRat

I don't really see his comment as "spitting on your entire existence". To be frank that seems a bit dramatic. There is absolutely a tendency among people to try to buy better performance rather than train themselves to a higher level. If that doesn't apply to you then frankly just ignore it. I have had instructors that would answer questions with questions for the sole purpose of making me pause and evaluate what I was asking. It can be hard to swallow at times, but it's not always without reason.

At the same time, when someone asks for advice on a topic people can just answer it rather than defaulting to the, "Indian not the arrow", type arguments. I shot DA/SA for a number of years and very heavily at the time. Swapping hammer springs and shortening resets were absolutely something people did and still do. Now maybe we do so because we're all trying to buy our way to better performance. Or maybe at times the differences that result are noticeable. For myself bringing the DA down to 8-9 lb did help at longer distances for that first shot and as long as it didn't affect reliability, who cared? For reset, I have absolutely outrun the reset on HK P-series pistols doing defensive drills. At the time the GG kit wasn't available, but I sure would have tried it if it was. Again, if function is preserved who cares?

In the end for me personally I realized I was spending more time trying to get around the DA than it was really helping me. I switched to striker fired "safe-action" type pistols. I will admit that the constant DA practice made me a better shooter, and bringing out the S&W Model 19 and shooting a box with that has a noticeable impact on my following shooting that day with a Glock 19.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; December 16, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.02927 seconds with 8 queries