View Single Post
Old October 19, 2015, 09:15 PM   #40
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13
Glock has several "active" safeties, they just don't have a thumb or grip safety. And, imo, they still have a manual safety...the trigger safety. If it isn't depressed, the trigger can't move. Period. In your example, a faulty holster depressed the safety, and the trigger.
Let me define "active safety": An additional action to pulling the trigger to fire the firearm. By that definition, Glock has no active safeties.

BTW, I'm speaking of several incidents:
- this guy
- the officer reholstering n the gun store.
- the officer who had the kid reach in his holster and fire his duty weapon
- the dancing cop who had the AD in Detroit?? Killing the lady
- the officer in Cincinnati in the elevator
There migh be 1-2 more, I forget.

Let's get Glock out of the conversation.....let's say Joe's guns designs a gun. It is about the same size, shape, capacity, reliability, accuracy and durability as an XD9, M&P 9, or Glock 19. It has similar 5! internal passive safeties and a trigger face safety. Joe has so developed his internals that the trigger is 3 lbs, minimal pretravel, no over travel and it breaks like a glass rod. 1911 guys are blown away. Joe calls it the SSA Pro Carry. SSA stands for Super Safe Action. His ads all say when pro's carry, pro's carry the SSA Pro Carry. Joe is such a genius he gives out 100's of gun writer/blogger guns. They all sign a simple agreement saying they will describe the SSA talking points: 5 internal safeties + a trigger safety, a professional 3lb safe trigger pull, SSA assures the gun goes off only when you tell it to by pulling the trigger.

Would you buy it? Would it have the same, less or more AD incidents. Could it be manage by individuals effectively?

Page generated in 0.03149 seconds with 8 queries