View Single Post
Old May 13, 2007, 12:45 PM   #22
BigO01

Cracks and split means the brass is done and shouldn't be used however with a quality factory case this shouldn't happen until after many reloads "easily over a dozen" with moderate loads in them .

Off center primer strikes mean nothing , as a matter of fact most of my guns do this all the time .

I would suggest you buy quality ammo from which to get your brass and I strongly suggest Winchester , Federal and Remington in that order . PMC is also very good quality if you run in to any on a dealers shelf .

Winchester is the best there is in my opinion and costs the same as the others .

I have Winchester 38/357 and 45 acp cases I know I have loaded close to 30 times with mid range loads .

Smokey Joe please understand I wasn't implying you or anyone else is lying regarding the quality of the A-merc brass however , when I first started reloading I tried a batch of new Remington 357 cases with a mid range load and cast bullets along with the same load in once fired Winchester cases .

After the first firing I had to toss 4 Remington cases "mouth splits running 1/8th of the way down the case" and zero Winchesters , second loading or reloading I tossed another 6 Rem's and again zero Wins , third I tossed more Rem's and no Wins and then I just tossed all the Remington's . I had 38 Remington cases that were of just as high quality as my Winchester 38's and later bought Factory Rem 357 rounds when I caught them on sale and their cases didn't fail as the cases alone had when reloading them .

I got some bad cases from a reputable dealer/manufacture plain and simple and it is possible these A-merc folks could have , or will improved their quality .

I have never loaded these A-merc's and never will as I stick to name brand American made components and ammunition , something everyone should do if they intend to reload them .

Page generated in 0.02296 seconds with 8 queries