View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 02:48 PM   #3
HamsterHamster

What I propose is a "primer" written by FLL holders on what is needed to buy a first firearm. Since FFL owners sees a large variety of non-gun owners on the fence. Would be helpful if it includes advise on what to expect, the mindset, responsibility and also consideration such as child safety, safe handling etc.

For example, when the staff at the gunshop pull back the slide and show clear, many people didn't know the reason for that, or the difference between a handgun, shotgun and rifle. What is the difference between semi-auto and full auto. Many people don't know that.

For years, the right to own a gun is not really something I think about and paid little consideration to. Almost a right I didn't know I had.

When I bought my first gun, I didn't even know I can buy one with just 4473 background check and cash. I did not have the privilege to grow up with someone showing me the ropes and my first experience was in the army (not us army, I was issues an FN FAL) decades ago where I was told which end is the business end. I think I shot less than 30 rounds during the entire time.

What I would avoid is any discussion on products with statement such as "buy a glock".

Page generated in 0.03032 seconds with 8 queries