View Single Post
Old January 5, 2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Joe_Pike

Please, Do Not Support Gun Shops That Give Gun Owners A Bad Name

I live in SW Missouri and like to visit several gun shops on my day off. I don't buy much anymore, but I sure do have a lot of fun looking. Not a lot to look at these days but I still go. Today was no different.

I ended up at a shop that generally has the one of the best selections and the prices are pretty decent. I almost bought a S&W model 17-2 from them last week for $599 but I couldn't go through with it do to their attitude, which I have been increasingly more uncomfortable with. Not because they have jacked the prices of a lot of their guns way up as I don't have an issue with that. It's a free market and if people will pay those prices then that's fine. It's something more sinister.

First, the folks that work there are incredibly racist. I see racism here and there but to have a business and it's employees, including the owner, flaunt racism really bothers me.

Second, they are very disrespectful of women and think it's a hoot to joke about it. Heck, I've had my share of bad experiences with the fairer sex, but I am still respectful of women.

Today though, was the final straw. I will not be going back. Some of the guys that work there were talking about one of the female anti-gun activists. They were having a conversation that centered around the fact that "someone should rape her". REALLY? That's what you're going with? How do they think this makes them look to new folks that just may have happened to stop into their store for the first time? It makes them and everyone else that owns guns look like the fanatics the anti-gunners say they are. They would say they were joking, but that's unacceptable to me. I don't agree with the anti-gunners either but saying stuff like this doesn't do anyone any good. The worst part is the owner is generally right in the mix with the horrible things that are being said. Thankfully, I've never heard anything like what these guys spew come from any other shop around here. I just can't tell you how disappointed I am with this.

Last edited by Joe_Pike; January 5, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.02663 seconds with 8 queries