View Single Post
Old September 30, 2012, 01:22 PM   #7
jgcoastie

You can catch the Bellingham to Ketchikan ferry, probably have a couple-day layover, then catch the Ketchikan to Homer ferry.

But the Ketchikan to Homer route only runs from June through September.

If you're going sometime soon, I would say your best bet would be to ship your guns to a dealer at your destination city. I drove the ALCAN last summer, from Homer to Fairbanks, to Edmonton, to Michigan. Not a single problem on the way. There weren't any "shady" spots that I saw enroute. The "shadiest" place I stopped was a 1-pump gas station in the middle of the Yukon ran by a very nice (although chatty) elderly lady.

Why are you going up there? Is it for a hunting or fishing trip? Moving via PCS (which would mean you're either USCG or USAF). Just going up for a vacation?

I can tell you a dozen different ways to get your gun to your destination, including getting it (legally) through Canada. I just need to know where you're going and why. I spent 4 years in AK, should be going back for another 4 years next summer. I'm pretty familiar with the laws and ferry routes. Let me know, I'll offer whatever help I can.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.02168 seconds with 8 queries