View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 09:30 PM   #1
WWWJD

What does a good ladder test look like?

I imagine it looks like this. Started playing with the 175gr Matchkings in the .308. Started at 42.6gr and walked up in .2 increments to 43.8 (groups 1-7). Groups 4 and 5 are impressive; 5 has three on top of each other. It was great to see the groups shrink and then start to open up again. Shot these round robin. This also was my first use of the Forster Shoulder Bump Neck Sizing Die.

Groups 10 and 11 are my 168gr loads with some seating depth tweaks; that load didn't get any better in either seating direction off of my previous best. That one is officially done (last week shot a .292moa 5 shot group at 200). Now these 175s are getting my full attention.

Group 9 was shot with Federal Game Shok in the ol' Marlin 60 .22! The old girl still gots it! (my first gun; 22 years old now.) I put a new scope on her last week, and for gits n' shiggles, filled the stock with sand to try and balance it out a bit. Added about 2 lbs, but boy is it solid!. Need to try some CCI in that one; see what happens.

NRA Endowment FTW

Last edited by WWWJD; May 30, 2012 at 09:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.03508 seconds with 8 queries