View Single Post
Old February 5, 2011, 01:42 PM   #11
semi_problomatic

I don't see how anyone could say "Hmm, the guy offering the knife to cut the throat of a still live deer hanging from a spreader bar must be guilty too." especially since he was irate about the whole thing... But maybe you're right. Maybe my dad did get off light...

And I don't see how telling a kid, "this is what I could do, IF I were to do my job." sends the right message. Besides, I doubt 9 yr olds have a great grasp of how much a $1,000 or even $500 dollar fine is. Being they're still too young to work for a living and don't really have any bills to pay anyway. On the otherhand, the traumatic experience of watching your dad get cuffed and put in a squad car, him losing his gun, dogs, etc and the resulting court/jail time may be a bit much... But I bet he wouldn't follow in his dad's footsteps then. But I dunno, I haven't raised every kid. I do know, however, that monkey-see-monkey-do and little Billy-Bob will follow in his father's footsteps until he is somehow taught otherwise.

Either way, the point of this post was to elict a response from a game warden type person to see if this was standard procedure for handling illegal hunting techniques. Hence the question in the first post "Is that all the game warden could do?"

Last edited by semi_problomatic; February 5, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.03504 seconds with 8 queries