View Single Post
Old March 11, 2010, 12:42 PM   #5
booker_t

I think the key feature here is a trigger that resets without racking the slide, a major hinderance in many people's opinion because you can't practice double-taps. It also requires you to break your grip after every dry shot, which may or may not be detrimental. The laser pointer just aids in confirmation that you aren't pulling shots offline, but doesn't affect trigger action. Some people will put a sliver to cardboard between the chamber and the slide to keep it slightly open, which allows continuous trigger pulls, but not does actually reset the trigger.

RE Nintendo guns, while you may feel the trigger is similar, the point here is to have a full-weight duty Glock that can be holstered and used as part of operational training, not just dry-fire.

As you are probably aware, there's extensive research ongoing about what LEOs see and do during the few tens of milliseconds when they decide to deploy lethal force. Some claim clear and crisp front sight picture, some recall the effect of training on their grip and trigger pull, some simply remember drawing and squeezing as fast as they could. With my science background, I would be interested in integrating additional instrumentation into the training pistol to measure grip pressure, force applied to the trigger, and perhaps even track the user's eyes to further investigate physiological responses to life-threatening stimuli, then attempt to quantify the effects of various training methods, then attempt to optimize training for the sort of encounters and operational requirements expected from LEO to Military and other.

Last edited by booker_t; March 11, 2010 at 12:48 PM.

Page generated in 0.02644 seconds with 8 queries