View Single Post
Old May 31, 2008, 08:09 PM   #21
LanceOregon

Quote:
Wny don't you go in front of the police station where this happend and protest FOR THE POLICE. Yes, support what they did. Call the local news station and tell them what you and others are doing.

How does that sound.
I know that there are going to be letters written condemning the police for this use of the taser. Political activists here have blocked the police from getting tasers in recent years, much like they have done in San Francisco. In fact, only a few officers here have them, as they were just deployed 4 months ago, and only on an experimental basis.

So I am thinking of waiting for these attacks to come, and then I could write something to counteract any criticism.

Here is a photo of the protester that was tased. He is on the left, next to another environmental activist:

This is only the second person to be tasered by the department in these past months. The first was a man who got in a dispute with some teenagers, and then chased them through the downtown area screaming that he had a gun and was going to shoot them. The boys took off, with him in hot pursuit. People heard his threats of murder, and called police. So the call the police got was that a man was chasing after some teenagers and threatening them with a handgun.

An officer managed to intercept the man and confront him. He did not see any firearm present, so when the man would not comply with his orders, he deployed his taser and took him down.

There were no complains about that incident. In fact, many said that the officer had courageously risked his life, due to the fact that it had been earlier reported ( although incorrectly ) that the man had a gun.

As things turned out, that man was released on bail two days later.

Page generated in 0.02618 seconds with 8 queries