View Single Post
Old May 25, 2000, 04:49 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Good choice.....

If an 870 has ever,ever,ever worn out, I haven't heard of it. While pumps are at a small disadvantage at clays, their reliability and reasonable price more than make up for it.

$200 is cutting it a little fine, unless...

Check at the local gun shop that does police inventory turnovers. They oft have real buys and you can save plenty.

The Wingmaster that's now dedicated to deer in season and backup for HD started out as an Arlington Va PD cruiser gun.Cost, $150. My bird 870's receiver, slide and some other parts started out at the Md Pen, in a tower. I have about $140 tied up in it, but I had to build it. If a dunce like me can do it, it's milk and cookies...

And, an 18 inch bbled pump is the same overall length and sight radius as a 26inch bbled O/U or SXS. Not ideal for clays, but quite workable.

Idea....
Get one of these turn ins and mess with the stock, there's old threads here which have great input. After shooting some, and patterning, play with the drop, pitch and length until you've found the Magic Combination that turns clays into powder all the time, or nearly(G). Then,build/get built a stock to match. Or live with the one you have, whatever you want to do.

Page generated in 0.03790 seconds with 8 queries