View Single Post
Old March 8, 2014, 10:17 PM   #11
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
that's what I said. in order to hold the match I would have to pay to be certified.
Not unless you want it to be NRA sanctioned.

In order to hold an NRA authorized/sanctioned match you would have to be certified, but I don't see anywhere in your original post where you said that this new match you are planning must be an NRA sanctioned match.

You don't have to be certified to hold a match with the same course of fire/scoring/targets as an NRA PPC match as long as you're not planning to advertise it as an NRA PPC match.
Quote:
if everyone else wanted to compete they would have be police/sec/military.
Again, you're imposing a restriction that doesn't exist.

You can hold your own match, call it a "Tahuana001 Semi-Auto Pistol Match" and make it IDENTICAL in every respect to an NRA PPC match (or change the aspects you don't like) and admit anyone you want to admit. You can even tell people that it's going to be exactly like an NRA PPC match as long as you don't claim it IS an NRA PPC match.

The NRA doesn't hold a copyright on the match format--the only time they would want to have a say in how a match is set up and run is if you're advertising the match as an NRA sanctioned match.

Page generated in 0.04815 seconds with 8 queries