View Single Post
Old November 16, 2013, 01:03 AM   #55
Theohazard

Wyosmith, you want me to show you facts, yet you haven't shown any yourself. I really don't feel like arguing, but I can tell you you're flat-out wrong.

Due to the registration process, the wait, and the $200 transfer tax, there is virtually no market for used suppressors. When customers buy a suppressor they want the best one possible made from the best materials possible. And they expect lifetime customer service from the suppressor's manufacturer because they're going to have that suppressor for life.

Silencerco just spent a huge amount of time and money developing the most innovative 5.56 silencer on the market. It's made out of an even stronger and more advanced materiel than inconel they call "Hoplon", it's as precisely machined as any high-end firearm, they developed a new and better mounting system, and the suppressor with the mount costs less than $1000. Yet they'll never sell anywhere near as many of them as they would if it was a fiream, and they have to do a lot more paperwork and jump through a lot more federal hoops.

As someone who sells suppressors, deals with distributors and manufacturers, and is involved in the industry as an enthusiast, I can tell you you're wrong on this.

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries