View Single Post
Old May 15, 2013, 03:18 PM   #26
lcpiper

Quote:
but in theory does not apply to transfer of the files / knowledge to "US Persons".
Making the files available on the internet is making them available to Non-US persons and entities.

If the information is determined to fall into the category of restricted information, like some encryption software, etc ... then the Fed can pull it, and they can get real nasty with anyone who makes it available to Non-US persons/entities at a time after the determination is made.

Ignorance of the law or the classification of the info will not prevent the offender from being arrested and charged and it would fall to a jury to determine guilt.

I wouldn't want to go through that experience.

Quote:
I wholeheartedly hope that the knowledge spreads beyond any one person, organization, or government's ability to censor it.
The technology and knowledge, minus the gun blueprints, isn't the problem.

The blue prints potentially are. I think the Fed was justified in pulling the blueprint files until a correct, informed, determination can be made.

Last edited by lcpiper; May 15, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.03921 seconds with 8 queries