View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 06:59 PM   #6
bedbugbilly

Mike - I think the posts above mine sum it up pretty well and like Doc, I don't post a comment very often but I do enjoy watching them.

In regards to the other site - as I read your post, I anticipated that the down votes were probably posted by "antis" as soon as a gun posting came up.

I performed living history storytelling programs for 30 + years. Regardless of what a person does, in order to get information you have to do a little self promotion. I don't view the videos that you post on here as that. You are putting out information to the members of this board - the majority I would assume who really appreciate your videos and look forward to seeing what you are up to next.

Look at it this way . . . on this board in particular . . . threads are posted on a wide range of topics. Each of us who respond have our personal opinions and experiences. We don't always agree with each other . . . but that is every person's right. In the end though, we all learn new things whether it's an old fart like me or somebody that is just starting out - which at one point, we were all doing. It seems like the way the world is today, there is far too much criticism, fault finding as well as folks being overly sensitive. Personally, I'm glad I'm on the downhill side rather than starting to climb the hill of life. What's happening in this country and to this country is shameful but that's another debate.

As an example - I love Doc's posts. Not only is he thought provoking but he shares some pretty neat stuff (even if he doesn't use holsters ;-) ). I learn something new everytime I get on here regardless of if I post a reply or not.

I really enjoy your videos - they are well done and informative. I've looked at some gun related stuff on youtube that makes me shudder - not only poorly done but unsafe practices and even though I'm no prude and can swear like a longshoreman, the cursing in some of them is a complete turn off for me.

Personally, I hope you'll continue to post your videos as well as your contributions to the discussions on here. What it boils down to is this . . . if someone has a problem, they don't have to click on the thread nor watch the video. I would like to think that we are all "big kids" and as such, can make up our minds as to what we want to watch and what we don't want to watch. If a person doesn't like it - that's his prerogative. But, to "supplant a laudable undertaking", to me, is just a reflection of them - not you or your videos.

I hope you will reconsider - you are a valuable contributing member and appreciated!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02561 seconds with 8 queries