Thread: Hunting Critics
View Single Post
Old October 12, 2009, 11:33 AM   #15
wpcexpert

I do hunt, I enjoy every facet of the hunt. Wether it be sitting in a duck blind, tree stand, or a box stand overlooking a bean field. I haven't found anything in life more exilerating, aside from the birth of my kids. I would gladly jump on the oportunity of sitting over a bear bait. I don't believe any form of legal hunting is wrong. Most types and situations go way back and have become heritage. The only form I don't necessarily agree with is dog driving deer. But I won't sign any petition to ban it. I've done it, had fun, and killed a deer doing it. But I won't make it part of my annual routine.

My problem comes from other hunters that think their style is of a superior nature than those of others. Every hunter has his limitations and own preferences. Not everyone is as good as others. Some guys can't walk thru the woods and "read" the signs. So they do what they can to put food on the table and enjoy the sport. It may not be "sport" to some but whatever. Hunting methods are there for a reason. You can't hunt a bear the same way you hunt a deer. You can't hunt squirrel the same way you hunt turkey. And ducks are a whole new ball game all together. Each game and style has it's own challenges and rewards. I like hunting fall turkeys (where legal, outlawed in Arkansas this year). I've used a dog to do it. You find a flock of turkeys, send the dog in to bust up the flock. Then reposition and call them back.

Ambushing is exactly the correct term to use. It's the very core of hunting anything. From full blown Wars between countries, to shooting a squirrel, to a bobcat laying in wait. Every predator ambushes their prey.

In this day and age, where the shooters and hunters aren't as accepted by society, in-fighting no good. We must all be more willing and understanding. Banning together is the only way of survival in the days ahead.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.02877 seconds with 8 queries