View Single Post
Old July 25, 2009, 04:51 PM   #20
MLeake

Batting a thousand...

... would have been not escalating the situation to the point where your sister got more frightened than necessary, and you displayed a firearm in front of bystanders. You turned a situation where she may have been embarrassed (three guys being obnoxious idiots and talking smack) into one in which you, or more importantly both of you, could have been hurt.

If you think that's batting a thousand, you are worrying me, and so are the others who think you handled everything just fine. You created the need to draw through a sequence of poor decisions. I think you understand that, or you wouldn't have posted asking how you could have handled the situation better.

This could have turned out extremely badly for you. It turned out ok, so far - by which I mean you could still hear from the police if anybody who saw you pull the gun also caught your make, model, and partial plate. You got very, very lucky. Please appreciate that fact, and in future realize that carrying a weapon is a reason to avoid trouble, not stir it up. Especially when you are with loved ones.

Page generated in 0.03524 seconds with 8 queries