View Single Post
Old March 15, 2008, 01:41 AM   #38
bushidomosquito

Right. I like the Glock trigger for this very reason. There is a definite stop that says, "Any further and we go bang." I wouldn't attempt to shoot a match 1911 or even a DA revolver or DA/SA auto in this manner because most I have owned or fired didn't give that much of a tactile warning before the hammer drops. To me pulling the safe action trigger back to that point is still safer than just lightly resting your finger on any other gun with a hammer back or striker cocked. It's like a 5 pound SA trigger and the only thing someone could do to "startle" me into pulling that trigger from the slack out point is to make a move that would likely get them shot under any circumstances.

So let me put it this way, the threat has been identified as such. The gun is drawn and orders to ease my worried mind have been given. The sights are on COM. The next move he makes could be to pull his own weapon, lunge at me, chuck his stereotypical burgular crowbar at my head or dart down the hallway towards my family. I would think that any sudden moves resulting in an adrenelin kick to my trigger finger and a bullet heading his way would be a good thing. I'll ease it back when he's on the ground.

"Bush is listening, use big words."

Page generated in 0.02531 seconds with 8 queries