View Single Post
Old February 11, 2007, 02:10 AM   #80
Lurper

Quote:
but firing rounds on paper, steel or cardboard does not equal firing rounds at people, or having them fire at YOU.
The mechanics are the same no matter what the target. The only thing that is different is the environment. And yes, I have BTDT more than once.

Quote:
And as far as the last post about being able to tell WHO is likely to attack you, and WHERE they will do it, I'll say this: Where I grew up, had to go to school, to the store, and live, if you could NOT spot someone who was up to no good really fast, you did not last too long.
That's fine if you apply it to junkies, tweakers and gang bangers, but what about the Bundys, Gacys and Dahmers of the world. They looked no different than the average person and in Bundy's case were quite hansome and charming. Again, you can't always judge a person by how they look - nor can you assess their intent or propensity for violence.

Quote:
My cousin was a Vietnam veteran; served with the 13th Special Forces Group and did three tours. He was HUGE--and also went to prison for murder. He got out, and was still someone you would NOT want to play with. I would say that he possessed master-class skills.

Unfortunately, the two 16 year olds who murdered him--by stabbing him over 90 times on a dark Chicago street--didn't think much of his training.

As far as your round count, well, you're a much more prolific shooter than I. I believe that my total rond count would probably be no more than a couple hundred thousand--and that includes 15 years active duty firing machineguns of all types and calibers.

As far as handguns, well, I've pulled a trigger a few times or so.
I never said that my skill level made me invincible. What I did say is that it is possible to draw and hit someone who has the drop on you before they can hit you, I can and have proven it. I also acknowledge that I am a 1%er, so perhaps my solution does not work for 99% of the shooters out there. If you train and master the techniques, they will work. There is much more to than the number of rounds a person has fired.

If your active duty was with the Army, then you can tell what I did by my member name.

Quote:
In closing, I will tell you this, from the point of someone who has been there, done that, and seen it from the aspects of a victim, AND as a cop...

If your attitude is anything like your post, I hope you never are the victim of a real, focused, determined attack. Because you will end up either dead or in the hospital for a long time with that mindset.
You are certainly entitled to your own opinions, even your own opinions about me. But as I mentioned earlier, there are people who have checked me out and can tell you that I do posses the skills that I claim to. As to the rest, you should at least base your opinions about how I would handle myself on maybe a bit of research. I have BTDT on several occasions, so while my opinion is based mainly on my experience and that of several friends and not the entire world, I can say I have survived quite well with my mindset and so far thanks to my training, skill, luck, the grace of God and yes, my mindset I have prevailed in every situation.

Page generated in 0.03447 seconds with 8 queries